2006-09-10

Western Digital "My Book"


After much searching, I have finally decided to lay my hands on Western Digital "My Book" 250G external hard disk.

I have actually bought it a few days ago and have it running already.

"My Book" operates quietly to my surprise as I have experienced noise level not to my taste from other brands. At 7200rpm, this little fellow stows away nicely on my new desk. The green rim on the front lights up when it starts to work, really nice. I like it. The whole chassic is black in color and it sure caught my eyes when I first saw it in the store. I found only two brands that day. Seagate and Western Digital only. I couldnt find any Maxtor's at all and then later I found out that Maxtor is acquired by Seagate already. Apparently, the Seagate's models dont look good at all to me. No wonder not many left in the shelves but those from Seagate are flooding the section. WD's actually cost about $10 more but its look is more alluring to buyer like me.
I really like my purchase and I have already started backing up my files in my Vaio. I guess it pays if you do really treasure your works and your photos.

No comments: