2006-09-09

Vodafone Mobile Connect 3G/GPRS data card


Yesterday, I am blessed with a Vodafone Mobile Connect 3G/GPRS data card to use while I am on the move. My dear friend bought this for me so that I could still get online while I am on the move anywhere in Singapore.
Although the network is limited to 384k, I could still quite enjoy myself while surfing the net using the card. I just have to ensure that I am in a place where reception is good and I would have an excellent connection without much lag.
It is a great tool for me as I have to move about very much. This greatly increase my efficiency in my work. I could log onto the net to check on my stuffs anytime anywhere even out there without contemplating whether should I make it home early to check my emails. I could access the internet anywhere now (as long as my Vaio's battery is not flat). It is so cool.
This wonderful service is provided by MobileOne. For people who is always on the move, this will be a great tool and furthermore, it is only $68/mth unlimited usage for subscription!!!
You could also choose to access the internet without using the data card. You could simply plug the sim card into any internet friendly phone, you will be surfing the net as well. (You may have to do some configuration to your device in order to access the internet. The customer service personnel will be glad to help you if you encounter any problem.)
Oh by the way, you could send MMS, SMS and emails via this service but please remember, it is not cheap hor! Very expensive! Just use it for internet purposes and you should be able to keep the bill at only $68/mth. I dont know how expensive but the sales told us that many users have complaint... anyway, I just need it to get online and that's all.
I find that the card is pretty cool. When you are in a poor reception area, you will see red lights blinking while accessing the internet.
When you are in the open or in a place where reception problems do not exist, you will only see blue blinking lights from the data card.
Just one look at the card and you will know what's the connection like. Nice!
I love my new toy!
I love my new toy... kekekekeke...

No comments: