2006-09-14

Daiwa Certate 2500R-Custom Review Updated

After several uses in Nesasi and once in Rompin, the reel is still in a good condition (with min. maintenance).

The drag (max 7kg) is excellent and proven with the encounter of the speedy sailfish. The sailfish almost emptied my spool.

With proper (min.) maintenance, the reel is still in very good condition. Somehow, I missed out one part and corrosion actually set in while the rest of the reel is fine. I washed it after every trip but I forgot to remove the cap to wipe dry. The salt actually found its way beneath it and made themselves 'comfortable'...

From the picture you could see that salt had made its way into the surface. I am fortunate enough to discover it early without much compilcation.

There's one thing that dismays me... on the reel foot, the 'CERTATE - MADE IN JAPAN' is actually a very thin piece of sticker... as you can see from the photo... it is trying to 'escape'... Daiwa should have a better choice of material than just a piece of thin sticker for it.


Otherwise, I believe this reel will continue to serve me really well in my up and coming trips up north again.

With proper maintenance, I believe even the most delicate reels will last a long time and serve the angler's well.

No comments: