2006-09-16

Ascension Island, every anglers' dreamy dreamy paradise...

Hi people, have you heard of Ascension Isle? Do you know her location? What kind of fishing would you be expecting from this isle? I have just come to know about this place... a dreamy dreamy place... a fishing paradise from shore to the drop offs...

Trolling, jigging and even flyfishing!!!

Where is Ascenion Isle?
It is in the middle of the South Alantic Ocean, North of St. Helena Isle. From the map, you will see that it is really right in the middle of the ocean between Brazil and Africa.

How could we fly there?
If you have a private jet service, call up the RAF (Royal Air Force) of United Kingdoms for enquiries... no kidding. There's only two places in the world that you could actually take a flight to this isle. From UK and from Florida, USA.

What kind of fish are found there?
Blue marlin, sailfish, sword fish, yellow fin tuna, big eye tuna, wahoo, mako shark, thresher shark, tiger shark, mahi mahi and alot alot more!!! Amberjack too!!!
What kind of currency is accepted there?
This island belongs to United Kingdom. Basically, 3 types of currenies are accepted in the island. British pounds, Euros and US dollars but remember please, it belongs to UK, so please ensure you have enough British pounds.
Are the fish big there?
Hmmm..... how big is big to you? Granders are found there... so I guess you may have to rephrase the question.
How big is big the fish over there?
Are granders big to you? Of course not all anglers will be so lucky to become a grander terminator but fish around 500kg are more common... 100kg above marlins maybe a little small but as you know... marlin is still a marlin... big yellowfins above 100kg mark, big? I think I dont have to go on and on... you go imagine yourself... If you want to be a grander terminator, pray. I think most people will become grander's victim instead...
How much would it take to fish there?
I really dont know. Pure big game charters are found there. Professional guides, accomodations, food etc... thus I guess it could easily cost you around or more than US$2000.00 a day... the cost of air fares is not included yet in my estimation. Just to get to London with Singapore Airlines, it's near a grand or more... do your math.
(I guess unless I strike Toto... hahaha. If not, my savings reserved for two pairs of wings in Arizona, USA will have to wait longer...)
Meanwhile, I guess New Caledonia is still within my reach... an up and coming trip down south to NC has been planned... I am still looking at my figures... not very promising but I sure hope to go there..... I wish.....
To see granders and monsters from the deep... please visit the link below. Remember, if you have a weak heart, please dont visit the link. If you are seriously fit, go take a look...
I am still suffering from the aftermath of the video...
More information about Ascenion Island?
*I must stop watching so many fishing videos... I must... I must... I must watch... NONONO... I must STOP... must STOP..... (my head is still stuck in the library of videos... I think I am drowning... "HELP ME!!!")

No comments: