2006-09-18

Team Daiwa Zillion 100HL 6.3 cont'd

Finally, my brains are working after my blood return to my brains after feasting on all the sushi I have 'swallowed'.

This Zillion is a very nice reel too in my opinion when compared to the Daiwa Steez. In my hands, the reel feels tougher than the Steez but it is much heavier. Steez is really very light and becoz of its feather weight, the reel feels too delicate The heavier Zillion feels more sturdy due to its weight when compared to the Steez. Since it could be used for saltwater (Steez is a freshwater reel), the reel is definitely built tougher and stronger for saltwater environment.

The reel comes with CRBB and I am sure most of us already know about rusty bearing problems. Thus maintenance is critical after every use in the saltwater environment. Either ARB or CRBB, they would still rust when no care is taken for them. In Singapore humid weather, corrosion tends to happen much faster than in temperate countries. Like I mentioned before, with proper care and maintenance, almost all reels will go a long way.

The spool spins beautifully too. The balancing of the spool is very important and every Daiwa fans will know that Daiwa has always been good or almost perfect in spool balancing. Just looking at how the spool spins, I believe that this reel casts really well too. As usual, I have no chance to cast it but Daiwa fans swear by them. The bearings sit nicely in the reel and the spool just spins wonderfully smooth within. If their owners are willing to spend that much money on them, they definitely have their reasons with their investment. There's actually a group of friends who own the same reels! The only difference between their reels are the other Zillion model which has a higher speed ration, 7.1 (red spool).

The star drag clicks when you increase or decrease the drag power. This is something that you will find in all TD's reels. I like this design. Even Shimano does the same thing, only the higher end reels like the Calcutta Conquest then you will find this. Almost all spinning reels have this setup but how come only the higher end baitcasters have them... I dont understand.

When I have the time, I will upload the red Zillion images. I find that the red spool looks better.


No comments: