2006-08-20

2006 YAMAHA CUB PRIX CHAMPIONSHIP cont'd

It was a humid and very warm morning. Mechanics and pilots were getting their bikes ready.....

At the scene, Singapore's racing in anyway is still very far behind. Apparently, these bikers have no training grounds but there's races here in this little isle.

The competition started off with 4 strokes Cubbies... engines were revving... tyres screaching... crowds were screaming... Upon the start... in less than 5s, there were 3 riders down. Thank God, they were all wearing riding suites which helps to protect them.

I thought the 4 strokes were exciting, the 2 strokes cubbies were even more breathe taking. I saw riders drifting their rear wheels as they attacked the corners and some even wheelie upon flagged. Apparently, there were more spectactors compared to the 'time attack' for cars across the street.

Since I was there, I walked across the road to witness time attacked too. Many pilots were making some spectacular moves. Tyres screaching in high pitch. Engines revving and turbo hissing!!! I only managed to watch a few of them do the 'time attack' and of them all, an very old Honda Civic Coupe was really good. The co-pilot did well and no mistakes were made and every turns and corners were almost perfect, especially his 'donuts' were the best so far!

The pilot and co-pilot must worked perfectly in order to achieve excellent timing. Communication is vital and safety is paramount when they could only have their map last minute before their turn. This really test the ability of the pair to make it to the top.

While I was excited taking photos of these power machines doing their moves, drift demostration was about to start too. I guess due to the super hot Jap anime 'Initial D', drifting is gaining its popularity in Singapore. Two power packed beefy Nissan S13s slowly edged their way to the holding area waiting for their turn to perform. The engines were knocking hard...

Check out the videos I had recorded... smoking!!!

Be patient... I will do my best to get them up asap... stay tuned!

(My friends and I didnt stay through everything as this would take almost the whole day till evening. We didnt get to sleep last night and it would be wise to get back to rest early. Thus we left. Furthermore... the sun was melting me... I felt like an ice cream... and I smelled like 'tuti'... 2 strokes engines are 'breath taking'... eeks!

No comments: