2005-11-19

When the fish surfaced... the snap failed you...


It was near lunch and the sun was scorching hot.

David and I decided to hit the salt for some lure fishing. I didnt have anything but as always, he was kind enough to land me his other outfit.

As usual, I never expect to land anything or even have hits. To catch something and even just hits my lures, are already big bonuses for me.

What I experienced today was only a few light taps on my jig and nothing else.

As for David, he had a heart stopping moment when his Halco 15cm lure got sucked by some huge monster in the deep. Line tore from his reel, ABU Heritage 4500C. He called out my name almost like a whisper. I turned around and saw him yanking his stick and I thought... 'sangkok' (snagged).

NO! IT WASNT SNAGGED!!!

I saw the line got peeled off the reel and David's face was extremely evil... errr.... nono... it should be stressed... hahaha.....

The fish surfaced and this fellow was actually a huge grouper!!! Likely to be in the 5kg range as it nears 2.5ft in length or even more. A very fat fat fat monster from the deep...

When everything seemed to be working out his ways, his snap gave up during the battle... the consolation belongs to the fish as it gets to keep the lure for display in its home...

I dont have to write more here as you all could imagine how he felt after that...

@#%@$!^!$^$%^$%&&*%^@@#$@#$@#

Check out the snap...




No comments: