2005-11-19

I called SPCA just now...

After a long and tiring day, I was finally on my way home. When I hit the lift button, I saw a cat right beside me. It had a drink plastic bag around its head. I was shocked.
Without hestitation, I went after the cat. The cat was too scared to be handled by another human again. It just ran for its life when it saw me coming. I tried to soften my footsteps and tried to reach it as gentle as possible but the cat was too scared.
I remembered that my JRT - Skippy, got scratched on his right corner of his eye by a cat. Skippy was like an millimeter away from losing an eye to the sharp claws of a young cat. My Skippy was pure friendly but the cat just couldnt understand a dog, as usual. For that, I hated cats for a moment.
When I saw the cat was suffocating, I felt so sorry for the cat and my blood boiled immediately. No matter how hard I try, the cat refused my help. Poor thing... it got away into a construction site just directly underneath my block and from there, I couldnt find the cat anymore. I was sad, very sad... suddenly, my eyes were wet...
I called SPCA... but they are not coming for the cat... maybe due to shortage of manpower (hopefully), they are unable to deploy man for this task. Their reason is simple as they cant gain access to the fence up construction site (an area for storage of material and equipment). They urge me to call them back in the morning if I still see the cat in distress. I WILL!
I prayed that the cat would be fine and someone who could get to the cat, pls pls pls relief the cat from that cruelty.
For a moment, I have such thoughts - "I want to burn those bastards alive with a plastic bag tied around their heads..."
Just a thought...
Poor kitty...

No comments: