2005-11-03

A kingfisher woke me up.

I reached home around 6am this morning.
I was tired and got a little annoyed by a friend's pessimism but I couldnt blame him as he was another victim of our other kind...
Seriously, I am more fortunate than him as I could turn back and head for the greens instead. Meanwhile, I told myself that I should give myself another chance to see if a relationship is possible with someone who is really a darling to me. This friend lost pretty much in terms of money and life and even his credit status to an 'ah lian'.
'ah lian' - a gal who hasnt grown up and of course never stable enough to be a wife yet.
Life's sucks without a woman but life can be worst to be with one...
I finally felt peace after I reached home and headed straight for my bed and took off in my dreams.
I didnt know what time was it but I heard a loud peck in my room. I thought something fell off my desk but no one was in my room. OMG! Not those spooky things again please!!!
I just moved my eyes and checked around my room. My body was stiff like a pillar. Nothing at all... I went on to close my eyes.
"PECK!!!"
F*#k!!! What is it??? My eyes rolled round to survey again...
"PECK!!!"
This time, my eyes went wide opened but body still as stiff...
I saw a faint shadow on the window panel which resembled a bird. I could see a long beak... my mind was racing through the whole lots of shit in my brains to think what could this be... and...
A KINGFISHER!!!
A kingfisher was actually sitting on my window panel and making the loud pecking noise. Shit! I was drying some jigs and lures from my TJ's trip outside the window on the parapet..... maybe they are still a little fishy.
This bird actually stayed there for a long while till my stiff body decided to move abit and that caused the bird to take off.
I am so glad that I could be woken up by a kingfisher and it makes me feel closer to nature that much... In such a concrete jungle of Singapore and probably the nearest river is like a few kilometers away from my unit, a kingfisher actually visited me in the morning.
I feel good today!

No comments: