2005-11-01

Fishing trip at T.Pinag, 20051030-31


Upon arriving at T.Pinang, I hestitated to take out my camera to take pictures until I felt safer at the resort. I am not familiar with Indonesia and this is my first time there.
When I arrived at TJ, the place looks really old and under maintained. Paints were falling off the walls of buildings. Pot holes in roads everywhere. The traffic is horrible with lots of hell riders around. Sometimes you get to see a family of four on a little motorbike.
The people near the ferry terminal actually build their houses above swarms and beaches. They dont have a sewage system there and thus they dump every shit into the sea and the coast is black black black...
Peter, Sam and Sebastian are the ones who ogranised the trip and they did very well in logistics. Drinks, food and entertainment were all well-taken care of. Nothing to worry at all. Great buddies to have and to fish with.
My main problem there is language barrier. I cant speak malay and of course not indo-malay.
How would I rate this trip?
I would give it a 9/10. If I didnt lose my rod and reel, it would be perfect ten.
Although this is my first time in Indonesia, my friends sure made this trip an enjoyable one for me. Ask me if I would go again? OF COURSE!!!
We headed off to Hana Ria Resort from the ferry terminal. There, we had our lunch. We moved around this little resort and discovered many animals. What really excited us were the kois, kaluis, patins etc... Next time, probably we would be bringing our ultralite fly tackles for them.
The lunch were pretty decent and the bill was extremely small! The exchange rates are really spoiling singaporeans.
Overall, the fishing was really great. I really had a good time as the company and crews were exceptional. Other than the sashimi was prepared by myself, I dont pretty much need to lift my finger during the trip. Everything was well taken care of.
The cook is great. The crew too. Very helpful, friendly and attentive to your needs. Their sincerity really compliment the trip very much and of course we gave them good tips too. We were also allowed to take the boat out to fish too. This is something new to us.
The food is good. The fishing is good. The service is good... what can I ask more?
"May my rod and reel rest in peace in TJ."Posted by Picasa

No comments: