2005-11-19

Seven Seas jigs.


After fishing, David and I headed down to Beach Road (a place which has the most tackle shops outlets in Singapore) to hunt for some serious lures for serious monsters.

David's a convert in using big lures. I remembered when he first saw my big lures (those bigger than 150mm) I could feel that he was thinking, "Like that also can meh? So big? Boleh?"

After that experience from that big fish... he knows what is missing in his arsenal. So we went lure hunting.

Lure hunting wasnt very successful as the prices of lures are pretty high compared to a few years back. Even lures that are most few years back, they all put on a new and heavier price tag. Hmmm..... price control.....

A deep diving Rapala Shad Rap was like $7.50 a piece just about 2 years back and today, the price tag says more than $13...

In the end, I only managed to get a Predetak Viper. A lure that I wanted to buy for so long and finally, it scores a place in my Versus lure suitcase.

Just before I bought the lure, I was in another shop. My good old pal in the shop lure me to a corner of his shop and showed me some of his collectibles... I whined to make him to sell them to me but to no success.

Then he showed me something else that really catches my eyes. Seven Seas jigs, Hooker!!!

As the price is so fantastic till even my dear friend Sebastian (CBS) couldnt resist but burnt a hole in his wallet. As I bought more than S$200 worth of SS jigs, Sebastian grabbed a couple of them from me. Dog tooth special... very sinful jigs...

Jeremy, if you are reading this... you are too late... but pls be ensured that if there are more in the days ahead, I will keep you posted. Due to over popular demand and first come first serve basis... I have no extras. Sorry. I know you are a jigs lover... and kanakanabone one too.

Hahaha... (just kidding)

No comments: