2005-11-20

CR 20051119 (Saltwater)



Today, I happened to be in the west with David and we decided to go bash the breakwater where David last lost his big mean fish.

Upon reaching spot, the tide was going out and apparently, that place was a very good place to lure during going out tide. You dont just get wet but VERY WET from the surf and you will have to risk walking on very slippery rocks. I think I need a helmet the next time if I fish there again at such outgoing tide.

Alright, cut the long winded part and check out David's price catch of the day. A todak (long tom) was caught using a Nilmaster lure. Eversince David becomes a big lure convert, he is having some really serious luck with fish on big lures.

Even a todak could get itself hooked on such a lure of this size...

As for me... I blanked. Nothing unusual. I saw a huge black shadow in the swells and immediately I changed to jig to achieve that distance to that black shadow. To my disappointment, I was unable to hit that distance as it is more than about 70m away from shore. My jig probably got me about 60m or slightly more in such wind condition. The black shadow disappeared after awhile... I suspect that it might be a cobia or it just be a huge GT... anyway, the body as seen from land with my eyes, it seemed like it has a wide body... it just might be a GT. Actually, it doesnt really matter what fish it is as it doesnt even bother with my lures or jigs...

2 comments:

Elvina aka LaoNiang said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog. They are just petty flamers - so just let them be la. I am not as childish to stoop to their nonsensical level.

Thanks for your support though. :)

Edward Ng said...

Hey elvina,

I am glad that those nonsensical bullets didnt cause you much upset. Afterall, you are a lady and that's very ungentleman for them to behave in this way towards you. I hope everything will come to an end soon and the sun will shine on your side.

If you really want to thank me, you could show a little support by patronising my job place. No obligation.

Actually, what did I do as in support for you? Nothing at all but since you like fishing and you just might like prawning too. If you have never fish for shrimps, do not panic. I could help a little and ensure you catch them. It is a very fun past time and could actually get addicted to it.

Cheers.