2006-07-07

I'm back but lazy to blog... LOL



Hey everyone, I am back.

Yesterday night... tough...

There are so many reels with me that I need to service. During servicing, I realised my old Shimano Stella 1000 has given up on me. It needs some spare parts to get it going again but apparently they are no longer in production. I guess I should let this reel rest in peace already. After so many years and it finally failed me... if only the spare parts are available... it will be ready for 'Reunion'.

Meanwhile, another reel has taken its place, Daiwa CALDIA KIX 2000. Hopefully it stands the test of time like Shimano Stella 1000 too which I doubt so, really.

My dear's Daiwa CALDIA KIX 2500's 'REAL FOUR' has shown wear on its gears after about 5 months of use. The wear becomes more significant after my trip in Nenasi.

Nowadays, Japanese reels are so finely built that they are not so robust anymore.

Oh well, at least the Daiwa CALDIA KIX's water proofing of drag by adding an additional seal to the spool cover is an excellent idea. No more worries about water getting into the drag and fail during battle.

After servicing so many reels last night... I'm going fishing on coming Tuesday again...

Oh, I just added a new rod into my collection, Major Craft DAY"S - SEASON. A nicely built travel rod which comes in four pieces. I have heard bad comments and seen a broken Season but I have heard good news too... I guess if you know your limits of your equipment and use them within their capability, failure will be minimised. Hopefully, I will get to use it soon.

Eeks!!! I just discovered my new TIEMCO Infante (blue) is sitting in my cupboard... still brand new... no reel has ever seated on it stilll... haiz... I am going fishing... I will.....

*the pictures of the trip will be out soon but not many photos taken though, nothing really spectacular in the trip but lots of nonsenses... lol*

No comments: