2005-09-23

Shimano Calcutta 50, 20050922


Today, as usual, I was following David to work sites to help him out.

Since we were in Woodlands and after work, we were desperate for lunch. Somehow or rather, in the heavy downpour, I saw David was guiding his vehicle to Sembawang Shopping Center which is not too far away.

While we were still in the van, I accused him of bringing me to this place to tempt me with the Abu 5600 with red thumb bar. I had a crush on the reel and till today, I am tempted. At SGD450, I decided to wait. (Wait for what???) David just smiled and brushed it off lightly... but for me, this is SERIOUS!!!

When we entered the building from the carpark, I went straight to a pet supplies to get some goodies for my dog, Skippy. I was trying to waste some time there so that I could have enough time to clear my mind and think logically before going up to Good Fishing Store and harrass the shopkeeper for a better price for the Abu reel.

I wasted about 15mins in the store and when I came out of the it, I couldnt find David at all. Now, who is the desperator now....?

I took a lift up to the fourth level and gingerly, I walked to the tackle shop with much excitment. I am going to see my 'love' again. Hahaha. Dont laugh, pls... hahahaha...

Upon reaching the shop, I tried to avoid the display cabinets of fishing reels. I went straight to the rods section and 'fool and flirt' around but no 'beauties' caught my eyes. Soon, the temptation was so great that I cant resist anymore... I threw myself at the display and somethingelse caught my eyes...

I ditched my ex-lover and brought this new love home... at SGD340... Shimano Calcutta 50 2006/6 model. No more the o'biang (undesirable) gold anymore... the gold trim is beautiful and the gun metal finish is really cool...

I found my new love...

Cl^.^P

1 comment:

Edward Ng said...

I went luring yesterday wtih my newest toy, Shimano Calcutta 50 2005/6 model. Guess what I caught!

A flower crab!

Unbelieveable but true.

Before I could get to take shot at it, it ran for freedom back into the salty water.

I didnt blank. kekeke

;P