2005-09-09

Dogtooth Tuna Sashimi!!! POWER!!!

Lucornia Shoal cont'd...

Sometimes, it is always too early to be judging the food we eat in a Japanese sushi bar especially when we talk about sashimi. When the fish got frozen, then defroze... some oil and texture will be lost in such a process.

I tried quite a number of tuna sahimi and I didnt fall in love with any. I was really skeptical when my dear friend Mervyn started to play his fillet knife on the just-caught-dogtooth. While he was still preparing the dogtooth sashimi, I actually saw him putting a slice of the fish into his mouth. I could see his satisfactory smile and my heart was tempted.

When the dish was served... I was still jigging in the diver's cage and still skeptical. Every now and then, I would steal a look at the dish and seeing people enjoying it and praising it! Oh gosh... my pants almost got wet!

I couldnt stand the temptation anymore and I wanted to rush to the table and.....

Hey, I couldnt be spoiling my image man, just for some fish... (still skeptical).

I tried to keep my cool and stowed by gear away and walked to the dish of 'doggy flesh'. My eyes didnt leave the plate for more than 5sec. I sat down, took a drink and continue to act cool... I said I was tired and need a break. I picked up a slice of the sashimi and dipped into the light soya sauce with lots of wasabi... slowly I put the slice into my already watering mouth.

For a moment, I felt as if time had stopped... I thought I was eating salmon... I remembered Seattle. I had lots of salmon sashimi in Seattle and the salmon's flesh is translucent... so is the doggy's.

IT IS SO GOOD!!!!!

I dont have to write anymore but I am sure you guys could imagine what happened next...

I do eat fish... most of the time I would prefer them to be raw.

I could still remember how I tasted the fish and how the flesh melted in my mouth... ARGH... I WANT MORE!!!




I wish I could be on another boat trip soon...

5 comments:

Coulieo said...

Yummy yummy... never bring home one to makan meh??

Edward Ng said...

I would love to bring them home but lazy...

Anonymous said...

Yum yum, man you're the one who taught me how to eat sushi.

Anonymous said...

bs

Edward Ng said...

Did I? Did I?

Hahaha...

:)