2005-09-19

9kg dogtooth tuna broke Bro Mike's rod...







On the first day and night out in the reefs in Lucornia Shoal, brother Mike had a bad day. He lost a 500+ jig on the very first drop! Then he lost another jig and half a spool of line off his Shimano Stella on the third drop... I really felt sorry for him as who would want to be in his shoes when the jigging trip just only started...

To make thing even worse in the night, while we were all jigging like mad men, he hooked up a decent dogtooth and immediately these beast started peeling line off his reel. Suddenly, we all heard a 'crack' sound... his rod broke!!! He only had 2 rings left on the rod and the other piece was out in the water swimming around with the dogtooth tuna.

I could feel his frustration as if that was me... I would be frustrated too...

Fortunately, the doggy was landed without losing another jig and line out in the reefs. Consolation? Yeah, I guess he would agree too.

For me, I had lots of bites on my jigs as I could see paint peeling off and teeth marks all over the place but I didnt feel anything at all. What the hell were I doing man?!?!?!?! I blanked on the first day and night...

I blanked!!! Luckily, I still managed to fish up a sotong which aided Victor (an angler on the same vessel) to score the biggest fish of the trip, 26kg amber jack and the first ruby snapper of the trip.

I could only sit in a corner and cry... my tears were covered by my sweats...

I cried? NO WAY LAH!!!

Just *&$%ing desperate and frustrated as I blanked... on the first day and night out in the reefs...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your boat inn tug blog is great thanks