2005-09-05

Durian fish???

On the last day of my fishing trip in Lucornia Shoal, I managed only a fish. At first, everyone taught that I caught a red snapper and when the fish got onboard, the dive master onboard told me that this is a 'durian fish'. Every scales on its body has a spike and we must not handle it with bare hands. Even with my gloves, I could feel the spikes sinking into the leather without much trouble.

I caught this fellow at depth 120m. It didnt put up much a fight at all with my setup. The dive master, Mervyn told me that this fish is excellent eating quality and he would get the cook to get it steamed for me for breakfast the next day. I didnt think so at all.

When morning came, I went to the dining area to take a look.

Gosh! The 'durian fish'!

Perhaps Mervyn was right. I took a piece of its cheek and while I was trying to cut out more from the back of the fish, I could tell that the fish meat is soft and tender!!!

When the meat got into my mouth... it just melted away... 'durian fish'... I want more.....

(Stay tuned for more stories from my Lucornia Shoal fishing trip.)

o.o

No comments: