2005-09-18

My newest geek toys on the move...


On the 10th Sept, the official date of my release from RSAF (Republic of Singapore Air Force) I went to a phone shop near my place and got myself a Sony Ericsson W800i without much hestitation. The bundle came with a bluetooth handsfree too and it almost cost me SGD1000. SGD958 to be exact. The lady boss was singing 958 as it is also a frequency of a local chinese radio station...

This phone comes with a 512Mb of Memory Stick Duo Pro and I think it is really more worthy that the sister's phone K750i which has only 32Mb to offer as external memory.

The camera quality is pretty decent at 2MP and the lcd screen is very clear and bright with 256k colors. To know more about this phone that I have, you can visit www.gsmarena.com for more details. I first saw it there as a preview and from the day onwards, I have been waiting for her launch and finally it came and I really bought it. The review of this phone is pretty good and Nokia N90 is totally way off the fight with this little beast.

I am enjoying the MP3 player very much, with or without the ear piece. It sounds like a gem with something this small and pretty loud as well. Just imagine you are out at the beach with someone dear, you play her favourite song with this phone and guess what - romantic right? No hassel of wires or ear piece, just listen up to her favourite song!!!

Someone suggested to me to make things even better, I should even bring along two old school lanterns to that someone 'dear' as today is the annual Mid-autumn mooncake festival. What perfect plans!!! Save it for your wife dude. Hahaha... Anyway, I think such a plan do work and what if the competitor came with electric powered lantern, he will be totally out of the game. Hahaha... so much for romanticism... Who is that someone 'dear' to me? I am still seeking...

Anyway, back to the phone. One function that this phone has is a pretty decent and whydidntIthinkaboutit one. The phone can operate as a MP3 player or camera on her own without even turning on the phone at all. This makes frequent flyer's obvious MP3player cum camera cum phone choice. The sister K750i does not behave in this way though which makes me want to buy the W800i even more. Next time when you see someone holding this phone in flight and listening to music, dont go and disturb him/her by saying, "Hey, I am sorry to disturb you but it is not allowed in flight to turn on your mobile here. You might just cause some interference with the radar and CRASH the kite we are in now. Pls.... " On shut up! Hahaha but sometimes, some people really do not know their toys well and they just might be playing the MP3 with the phone turns on too... Oh well... let's all leave it to fate then. Otherwise, flight warrant is a pretty decent idea for safety reasons. Of course we have to train them well enough too as they just might make a fool of themselves with geeks' toys onboard and the only stupid reason they could give is "For safety reasons.... blah blah blah....".

Back to my phone... ;P

No comments: