2004-12-31

CR 20041231

Hello all,

Finally, 2004 is coming to an end and of coz, the best way to live it is..... flyfishing!!!

Although, when the day comes to an end, not many fish are caught but getting one of those first timer is wonderful!!! Till now, I still cant figure out the correct name of that big fish with my big smile... kekekeke (Pls tell me when u read this and pls leave a comment so that I can come back here to remind myself what fish I caught using my trustworthy crazy charlie... heehee)

Fishing with me are Tarponboi (the fly line savior) and Jeremy. We started out early and the rain got us early too. Apparently, the rain loves us so much that we always meet every now and then. Hahaha... not just wet, we are drenched and not abit dry!

Somehow, everyone caught something in such a diverse weather. Braving the wet and the cold... we fish on with determination.

Jeremy managed to break his egg by catching a pretty decent size African Catfish. It fought pretty hard and it was a pity that no picture was taken as the fish was quickly released back for being afraid that it might die on us as it swallowed the hook too deep. We prayed that the cat would make it. Alas, Jeremy, well done dude.

Till then, we shall look forward to year 2005 to be another great year for fishing. Meanwhile in such wet weather, I better go tie somemore flies... (hey, stop tying that crazy charlie thing anymore pls!!! get a life, tie somethingelse!!!) OKOKOK, I HEARD YOU!!!

tILL tH3N....


1 comment:

Edward Ng said...

Hmm....

FYI

The kois were caught using bread while targeting for the huge patin. Somehow, we were unlucky, the frenzy died down in less than 10mins. When we first berleyed, the fish were all crazy. Once we took out our 'light sabres', somehow, they have a force looking after them too. 3 fish were hooked up using bread, koi n koi n african catfish.

Whereas the kalui was hooked up at a differnet spot of the pond. Since the bread was down to the last half-a-piece, I went on fishing without bread. Tried a few area with some surface actions. Nothing. It was only when I tried the area with branches of tree hanging over and into the water, the kalui took the fly when I did my first strip. Fish-On!

Next time, I think I will forget the bread. After I caught that kalui, I felt more rewarding not using bread. After all, the flies are supposed to catch the fish n not using bread over a fly. That's why we call such fishing flyfishing. Haha.

Berley or not, I think it is all up to individual. No one is alike. Even for trout, there are things call "trout baits". To get a sailfish on fly, we need teasers on the boat to get them within casting distance. Not to mention those hardcore anglers going after super size tunas, dumping a huge school or bait fish into the sea to get the super tunas feeding n then chucking their flies into the frenzy hoping for a strike.

I am not a flyfishing extremist. Religion is good too, but it is how we accept it. I dont believe anybody's God will ask someone to kill people and gets rewards in heaven. This is extremists (terrorists).

Just enjoy the contact with the fish kind.
Fishermen do not kill anyone for using another method of fishing, right? Fishing is not a religion, including flyfishing.

Fishing is a passion.