2006-03-18

"JOYEUX NOEL"

15th March 2006, 11.05pm.

I had nothing to do... my eyes blanked at the LCD screen infront of me...

Looking thru the movies that I could get to watch, I chose a family title which I couldnt remember what now... then "Chicken Little"... somehow... these two movies just didnt load... (I wonder why?)

Going thru all the titles again... the word 'Noel' caught my eyes....

"JOYEUX NOEL"

Since young, I am fascinated by movies about wars... especially those dedicated to real soldiers.

This movie is one of those too.

I studied history in my secondary school days but I have never heard about this incident or ever read about it.

The axis (germans) and allies played football, buried the dead, had card games, shared coffee, sing... becoz it was Christmas Eve. They chose to cease fire for it was Christmas...

The allies also saved the germans from being shelled by artilleries...

These is indeed a miracle... Miracles do happen even in wars...

Somehow, this strengthen my faith in my believe in my Lord Jesus Christ. God is real.

Amen!

No comments: