2005-10-20

My first ever trip to a fish farm.

Just last weekend, I was invited to visit a fish farm. This is the first time in my life that I visit a fish farm. Very curious and very excited as my friends were also allowed to do some light tackle fishing on it.

Kok Liang, David and I waited anxiously for Kok Liang's dad to pick us from Sungei Api Api. Finally the boat arrived and we were on our way.

Upon arrvial, we were greeted by two very friendly dogs. They are actually father and son but with a whole world of difference. Look at the pictures below and you will know what I mean.

We didnt waste a minute and we got our gears all set up and ready. Next, Kok Liang went to gather baits and we started fishing.

We caught quite a number of catfishs and some other small little fellows. Although there wasnt any big fish but it was still fun. The breeze was so cooling and the beer was cold too.

The night was peaceful and we caught some sleep after the tide went out. David had a free facial wash during his sleep. The younger dog gave it to him... hahahahahaha... He woke up looking like a bull. LOL

In the morning, I went around the farm to see what they have. Of course, I was carrying feeders with me too. Feeding the fish was so fun and to make things even more exciting, the owner allowed us to fish his fish! We had some real fun with two nets of fish. Especially the one that had lots of queen fish. Of course, we fished for a purpose too as the owner wanted to have queen fish for lunch and being a good host, he allowed us to have some fun. Very exciting and adernaline was pumping hard into our veins. We were just like kids... hahaha

We were supposed to leave during lunch time but the weather caught up with us and all of us got stucked. The rain came pouring and not to forget the lightnings and thunders made themselves seen and heard too. Not too long, we began to feel the chill. It was getting cold.

Although it was wet and cold out there, our spirits were not dampened at all because we had queen fish for lunch too! Wow man! Very good! Very tasty! Very fresh! Fantastic!!! We ate like wolves... hahaha

As the rain continued to pour, we seeked shelther in a store room and all of us laid down on the wooden floor and slept like pigs. Someone was snoring so loud away... hahaha. You know who. Hahahaha...

Time past slowly... and the rain continued to pour. It got so heavy that for a moment we couldnt even see land around us. The swells were picking up as the wind howled loudly. We slept for quite a while and when I got up, my mind was filled with food... foood..... foooood.... I wanted to eat this and that and that one and this one..... soon, David and Kok Liang were ignoring me because I couldnt stop mumbling... hahaha... sometimes, I am just that 'shot' (crazy).

Finally, the rain turned into light drizzle during evening time. We wasted no time and got ourselves back on land again. We were all exhausted and I yearned to have a hot bath when I get home.

At last, home sweet home... the hot shower never felt this good for so long.

;P

No comments: