2005-10-12

Movie Review - The 40 year old virgin

Yesterday, after a long long time... say about 3 yrs... WTH!?!?!

3 GOOD YEARS!!!

I went for a movie and first one in Singapore after I came back from USA.

Unbelieveable? Yes! It's me.

Alright, I went to watch "The 40 year old virgin". The trailer got my friend and I laughing our hearts out while we were waiting for another friend at Cinelesiure. After many years, I actually stepped into this building again... OMG!

40-year-old Andy Stitzer (Steve Carell), a toy collector who has toys like 'iron man' and others... from Star Wars or whatever you could think of in 'those' days... his toys are all still in original packagings. He has the coolest gaming chair for the ultimate gaming experience but he has such a boring life... read the title and you know what I mean.

I think I am not going to reveal much about the movie here and I urge you all who are movie crazy please take your lazy ass out of the house or go for it after work or whatever reason you could think of just to go watch it for God's sake!

In a time like this when the earth is smitten with war, political shit, bird flu, tsunami, twisters etc...

"HUMANS! WE ALL NEED A GOOD LAUGH AFTER SO MUCH SHIT ON EARTH. JUST GO WATCH THE MOVIE AND GET CRAMMS!"

Get what I mean?

I literally laughed for almost every single minute till my jaw ached and my stomach muscles so tight.....

This movie is hilarious. It is about comedy, drama and romance. After William Hung, now we have 40-year-old Andy Stitzer.

Go damn grab a ticket and laugh your heart.... errr.... your ASS out now!

This is my first movie review and I know it sucks but if I tell you too much here you are going to miss the fun.

For laughter, 10/10 (this movie really screens right in season in a time of chaos)
Overall, 8/10. (No movies could be that good till you get a 10/10, right?)

Oh yes, remember to bring identification along. Just in case, I am 31 and the ticketeer kept telling me it is a show for 18 and above.... this kept happening to me but it doesnt really matter. I love it..... hahaha

"Errr..... this show is for 18 and above...."

"Of course I know, we are all above 18, alright?"

"Oh, ok. They will check your ic(s) when you enter the theater."

"Oh really? Sure, no problem and 3 tickets pls..."

My friend began to panic as she did not have her identification with her... and nothing else like driving license at all.....

Oh well, we all watched and laughed our hearts and asses out... hahahahahahahahaha

HAHAHA!

No comments: