2004-10-16

Flies in the making.

Since a week past, I have tied quite a number of flies. In the process, I come to learn a few things about flies tying.

To me, I think the most important ingredient in fly tying is "Passion". If you love to do it, then you will tie each fly with care and creativity. Lots of effort put in without you knowing it when you are in the 'Passion' realm.

Next, I think is patience. Along the way, there will be many obstacles to face. Take each one with upmost effort and you will excel further upon leaping over them.

If you ask me what is the greatest reward from fly tying?

There are many things. The ultimate one is when you know your flies do catch fish. All the hard work is being rewarded in the testing field.

Along the way, I had a few friends asked to buy some of my flies. I felt so encouraged. (I hope they are doing this not out of pity..... hahahaha) Even one good pal who is not a fisherman, I gave him a few. He told me my flies are cute and he actually used it to decor his car! I hope my flies wouldnt be flying and get someone stung along his driving..... including him.

Gtg, tying more flies now...

Stay tuned mates!

cl v . vp




No comments: