2004-10-17

CR 20041017

Today, it is a very happy day for me.

I landed a fish in the salt using fly outfit. A flathead.

With much encouragement from my friends around, my determination brought me this far. Finally, something on fly in the wild salty realm.

Nothing more, juz one from the salt and the thunderstorm came. I recessed for lunch and then headed for the fresh water. Along the way, I saw the tide was still in at around 2pm. I left my salty fishing ground juz after 1pm for the recess. Oh man, those guys must still be stucked on that rock with that thunderstorm!!! I hope that they are fine.

Finally, the thunderstorm left my fresh water fishing ground too after about 30mins upon arrival. Happily, I was trying my luck for peacock bass and never knew that I would get another FLATHEAD imitation... a Sucker Fish! Somehow its look got imprinted in my mind... yucks... Hey, this sucker actually put up a good fight!

After this, I landed 6 pieces of peacock basses and called it off for the day.

My right hand fingers are all hurting as I was not using a glove while stripping my fly line. Alot of the joints area all got burnt. It is time to get new gloves.

cFiShP

No comments: