2004-10-10

CR 20041010

Woke up very early in the morning...

It was 0430hrs and the darkness was still lurking around.

Took a hot shower but still feeling the damage from a late night sleep.

Picked up my fly gear and did a last minute check.

Left the house at 0515hrs.

Had breakfast with Jeremy and off we go... to a new spot (to me lah).

Tied on the first white crazy charlie and started 'flying'. Targets sighted but decoy not good enough for a strike. These peacock bass.... are huge and very..... cautious about my fly. They made my blood rushed through my veins and I could hear my heart pounding... they hommed in my fly several times and NO TAKERS!!!

Seeing Jeremy fighting his second hook up, I switched to the green crazy charlie. Immediately, landed 2 with 10 mins. Color did the talking again... as usual.

I have no words to express the kind of emotion I was going through when I caught my first fish with my first self tied fly. More than words can say...

When we were about to leave, I being to spool my fly reel and felt a heavy tug right at the end of it. Fish-on!!! (Another peacock bass? More than meets the eyes...)

Tried to bring in the fellow asap as I really need to go off immediately. To my greatest surprise... I saw a "TOMAN" right at the end of my line. I could see the glittering of my fly right on its lips... Before I could do much about it... the leader failed. Mr. Toman got away before I could even say cheese with it...

I have not landed a decent toman before... and this has to happen to me... NOT FAIR!!!!!! Somehow, I noticed that I actually hooked up a toman on fly... an estimated length of about 40 inches (hey, enough whining already, shut your gecko!!!)

As I have mentioned in my previous post... the crazy charlie is having a good show in the fresh water realm... Indeed, it proves itself once more.

Hmmm...... went back home......

(In my mind... I could never forget the pipe like thing at the end of my line... a fat and long... TOMAN...)

Ciaoz...

c\o.o/) *toman toman toman toman toman toman toman toman........

No comments: