2007-02-09

Stupid, clever or *censored*

A customer came to me and his hook was missing like 1hr ago. As usual, I greeted him with a friendly smile and was getting a new hook ready for him. As I was about to rig the new hook onto the snap swivel, I felt a sharp pain in my left hand middle finger.

The new hook got embedded into my little middle finger and the barb was caught in the flesh as well. The hook point and the barb is about 2mm apart. The barb set beautifully in the flesh , just perfect. The customer was shocked and 'eeks!'.

Somehow, I think I was pretty stoned... without thinking (I think so), I turned the hook while it was still in the flesh and forced it out... The customer stared at me blankly...

After he walked away with that hook then I realized that I did something... STUPID... or CLEVER... or just *censored*... oh well...

I am typing with a bloody middle finger... left hand one hor...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

one word... 'Act Hero'

oh wait... that's 2 words... hahahaha!

Edward Ng said...

hahaha

Anonymous said...

Well Ed, there's a saying that goes 'if u 1 2 catch more fishes, think like a fish'.

However, here I think u hv overdone it by 'feel like a fish'(by feeling how it's like 2 b hooked). Wahaha !.

Take care (next time especially, when preparing rig 4 other ppl).

Edward Ng said...

"However, here I think u hv overdone it by 'feel like a fish'(by feeling how it's like 2 b hooked). Wahaha !."



Well said. Hahahaha...

Someone just called me goldfish...... oh well...