2007-02-26

MAKE SENSE OR NOT?

Yesterday, I met a man who claimed that he could talk to the fish at BTP. He further told me that the fish could understand what he told them. Basically, there was not any kind of hand signal or special language, he was simply using chinese. I met him when I was heading to the restrooms. Both his legs were hanging over the edge of the little pond with lots of big pacus, carps etc... The man disappeared when I exited the restrooms.

In the evening, a few adults were found in my 'longkang'. They had 3 little pails and one of them were enjoying himself catching the little fish in the longkang. There was at least 20 children in the longkang using identical nets and nets except colors. Immediately, I notified my staff and he went on to stop them. There was a few kids among them. They had a pail of fish and after they were made known about 'Pay to Play', they went ahead to leave with the fish.

My staff tried to stop them and then these 'poaches' walked over to the counter.

"We didn't know that we have to pay leh. Why must pay?"

".......................", me.

"Sir, you have to pay to play in the longkang. $10 will get you a net and a tank. Your kids can play from the time we open till we close the longkang for the day."

"We really don't know must pay leh. Why can't we bring the fish back?"

".......................", me staring blankly at them.

They noticed that I was staring at them blankly. James, and some other friends around were all staring at them blankly.

Didn't we just explain to them?

At that moment, time seemed to have stop among us. The things that were going around us became blurrr..... No one was moving. Suddenly, all things were back to normal again when one of them decided to move off.

Before them, someone asked the same question to me too.

"Why must pay to catch fish? Not free one meh?"

Every weekends, I am haunted by these people.

"Not free one meh?"
"Extra time lah, extra lah."
"Why must pay to fish? Catch prawn why must pay?"
"If I bring my own equipment, got discount or not?
"If I bring my own rod, then no need to pay is it?"

Come on people... even your food on the table is what you have worked for. Where got free lunches one? If everything is free... then why am I sitting down there? Make sense or not?

MAKE SENSE OF NOT?

No comments: