2006-10-28

Ebek... I want ebek.... "Next year liao lah!!!"


The fishing up north is coming to an end soon. The monsoon is just around the corner and I have heard that there was two days where trips were cancelled due to weather already. I guess I couldnt fulfill my dream up north for ebek on jigs.

I could only drool over picture like the one I have attached in this post.

Actually, I have an upcoming trip up north next week but nothing is confirmed yet due to my friend's tight schedule. We planned to go to Nenasi, Malaysia and probably this will be my last chance to jig and pop up north before the monsoon overwhelm the region.

Although the popular dates of ebek jigging is long over but the lucky anglers still get them around the year.

This year, I managed to 'chiong' so many times and fulfilled a numbers of 'missions'. Sailfish on stik bait (landed), sailfish on jig (got stripped), spanish mackerel (decent size fellow finally) on jig and sailfish on light tackle using lures (landed).
To make things even more interesting, my dear friends from Finland joined me to hunt for sailfish. Wonderful moments which I will never forget...
"You want to smoke?" - Juha, Lasse and Simon.
"Need a beer?" - - Juha, Lasse, Simon and myself.
"Stop trembling!" - Juha! Hahaha...
"Give that man a Tiger!" - Juha, Lasse and Simon.
"No starting of engine!" - David Neo (Ah boy)
"Challenger against Daiwa Certate 2500R-CUSTOM fish-on with Daiwa Caldia KIX 2500....." - Hook came off after sailfish first run.
"I dont dare to use his rod leh..." - Kok Liang
"Ikan Lanjiao again!!!" - David Neo, Ken, Kok Liang and me.
Many more...
It's time to hit the bay with light jigs for spotted mackerels and queenies locally now... I want that saba grilled... yummy!!!

No comments: