2006-02-22

New lure review :Technic Pro-Hunter Catch Minnow 90cm


Yesterday, I was shopping for more prawning rods, I came across a new lure on the rack.

Pro-Hunter Catch Minnow 90cm by Technic.

At first glance, I thought I saw Maria XJ or Maria The First but I was wrong. I took a closer look and the price is kinda encouraging, $5.50 only. I decided to buy one to test it out at the pro pond.

I always have very high confidence with Maria's lures and this lure is almost identical.

By the courtesy of 2000Tackle (at Pasir Ris fishing pond), I got myself a FOC lure.

First impression... lousy finishing...

No 3D eyes...... just stickers

On the packaging, it claims to be 'tank tested, 'heavy duty V.M.C hook', 'extra strong split rings' and 'ideal for fresh & saltwater use'.

Oh well, I dont think the fish will be so choosy about the finishing or 3D eyes... I put it onto my tackle and give it a go.

SURPRISED!!!

The swimming action is pretty decent. Even a slow retrieve rate (not dead slow), the lure swims well. Cool!

I didnt fish long before I had a take. The 20lbs braided line started to get peeled off the reel. The whole thing only lasted like 10s and the line went limp... eeks... The hit was hard and the run was a adrenaline rush... I guess maybe it was a nice decent golden snapper.

I guess this lure proved itself already. At half the price of a Maria The First or Maria XJ, this lure works. Although the Marias are more expensive but in my own opinion, they are more durable in finishing and quality. This catch minnow by Technic already has paint peeling off from the teeth of fearsome critter in the pond.

For budget lures, this is a good lure to have in the tackle arsenal.

$5.50 only, why not?

No comments: