2004-08-09

ZERO!

20040808, I decided to go fishing before the bed bugs get me.

I packed my stuffs and dug out two Rapala's Husky Jerks HJ08 (lures from hell as acclaimed by Mordern Fishing [Aust.] Magz) from my old tackle box, giving them new hooks and split rings while the originals were discarded. Daiichi trebles (high carbon, extra sharp point properties) and some 3x split rings which are choices for barramundi fever in local pay ponds.

Reached my playground at about 2045hrs and made my first cast with the very old HJ06 CLN.

Before the lure got lifted up for another cast, WHAM!!! The hooks did not set!!!

Never get to see what hit the lure with such violence as it was too dark to figure out.

Checked the lure, nothing amiss.

After 15mins later, casting to my left horizon, FISH ON!!!

In less than 15s of tug of war...

15s, 14s ...., 3s (my reel started to scream)..... 2s..... (still screaming), 1s.... (it was really loud).... SILENT engulfed me! My line went loose and my reel scream stopped.

Reeled in my lure and checked the trebles with the dim streets lights in a distant... 2 bent hook shanks. One went in closer to the stem and the other vice vesa. (Check out the photos!)

Oh my oh my... what happened?

Using the same HJ08 CLN, I had a few more hits but all never connect.

Decided to take out the other HJ08 TSD.

Kept the HJ08 CLN.

Within 10 casts, I felt something shaking violently at the other end of my line. In less than a split second, my right arm automatically whipped the rod hard and, FISH ON once more!

Splash splash splash... the fish came charging towards by the bank. WTH!!!

Before it reached me where I stood gingerly, it made a left turn and got my reel screaming at his loudest pitch! My soul fainted that very moment when the fish came charging at me... hahaha

It was after merely 5s of un-ochestrated screaming, the beast, SILENT, got me once more...

No more hits after this.

Both fish displayed aerial jumps. Each estimated more than a foot in length. The first fish leaped at least 6 times out of the water and the second, thrice. Super adrenaline pumping action with a Not SO Good ending...

I'll be back.

c`.^P

"What fish could those be, Sebarau???"

No comments: