2004-08-20

20040819 Nitez Ops Assault CR

Tonitez... I decided to jump in for another trip.

After gathering my "elite nitez ops soldiers", I set off at about 2050hrs.

Reaching the mission ground got my heart pumping a little faster as I could still feel the "wound" from earlier contacts with the 8 "enemies".

I took out my HJ08 TSD and started "scouting".

WHAMP!!! CONTACTED!!!

My reel started screaming in the still air of the nitez...

"Enemy" sighted not too far away. It made a desperate dash for freedom into the open waters while I was still recollecting myself after my "man" was ambushed near the shore.

Fire lasted for last than 10s and we lost sight of our prey.

HJ08 TSD reported back in with an injured "leg" in the front. (Check out the photo of the bent hook)

Hundreds of questions filled my mind immediately as I could still feel the last time when my "men" came back injured. WHY?

Breathing out slowly after a deep breathe, I made a game shift plan for alternate tactics in logistics side.

"a) Set the hook with usual drag setting."

"b) Upon confirmation of contact in tight fire situation, decrease drag setting immediately."

"c) Carry on with the fire on a defensive position till enemy subdued."


"YES SIR!!!", shouted my "man".

After about 30mins, contact again.

Before plan b could be asserted, contact got away.

With no more actions till about 2320hrs while HJ08 CLN took over from HJ08 TSD. Nitez Ops Assault was coming to an end as I cant miss that last bus home!!!

Immediately, my instinct tells me to let Yozuri LX-Minnow 66 to give it a try before RTB.

No actions with the first few casts and I said to myself, "Last cast".

WHAMP!!! FISH ON!!!

"Remember the rules of engagement!!! Engage!!!"

Hahaha... finally landed a peacock bass. My second one at night.

After the "interrogating session" (photo shoot), I let it go as it had indeed prove me my tactics and instincts are right.

RTB.

Nitez Ops Assault ended...

Cl'''.'''P





No comments: