2004-08-03

Finally, I wet my line & got this pretty thing!

On the 3rd of August, I decided to wet my line and upon my friend, Eric Heng's encouragement, I took my fly outfit with me, Scott STS 6wt.

It was just before sunset, I cast my line towards to horizon and while stripping it back, I saw 3 peacock basses chasing my fly and my heart started to throttle up!

The smallest of the 3 inhaled my fly but I couldn't strike as it was too near and no chance to set, and the fish got the chance to spit it out straight away.

o_o`

Straight away I tried to position my fly once again and the next bigger in size decided to go for it. This fish is funny. It took the fly n spit it out, and did the whole thing once more... the hook didn't set...

"Was it because I did not fish for too long?"

This time, I re-positioned the fly once more. "Once more, please. Take it and I will set it pretty, thanks!"

God answered my wish and guess what, the biggest of the 3, inhaled the fly and FISH-ON!!!

Guess what? This peacock bass did not do its normal "Battle for Freedom" or "Aerial Display" as it just swam left, right, and then left... right... left... all within 3 meters diameter...

"Engine problem?"

About 3mins went past... the fish decided to relent.

Holding it up, and my friend Eric Heng snapped a 'blur' shot for me. Thank you Eric...

From its weight and length, I guessed it is about 4-5lbs or more and measuring about the length of my shoulder... 22-24inches.

My biggest peacock bass to date!

I will be back for more! ;P

c^.^P

No comments: