2007-03-21

Daiwa Hyper Spin Cap for Certate Custom 2500R







Not long ago, I lost my side cap for my Daiwa Certate Custom 2500R and kinda like decapitated for a while as I could go fishing with it. I have no choice but to order from Japan a new cap but I thought it would take me very long to get it over.

Instead, I turned to online stores in Japan to get myself one. Looking through the site, I finally decided to get BASSART's Hyper Spin Cap.

Just before the BASSART's version arrived, the original arrived as well. WTF.

Oh well... I am writing a comparison here so that for people who are as careless as me could decide to get an upgrade or just the original one.

From the pictures, I think the answer is pretty obvious. If the upgrade is exactly the same cosmetically as the original one... dont bother.

The original one is a piece of plastic, yes, plastic... and it has no O ring. Somehow... water could still not ingest into the body. Good design? Indeed yes.

For the upgrade version by BASSART. There's a thick O ring and when you tighten it, you could feel that the cap screws on securely with the O ring. The chances for it to get loose and get lost... I think it is very slim.

If you are a weight weenie, then forget about this upgrade, the metal cap is definitely going to add more weight to your reel but seriously... by how much? I doubt you could feel the difference.

Of course, it looks nice as well. It is all about the function but the japanese make them good to use and nice to look at. Highly recommended!

No comments: