2005-08-17

Crab Proto-type, 20050817


After stocking up some felt material from local art kiosk yesterday, I decided to give crab fly a try. From some fly tying vidoes, it may seems to be one of the easiest fly to tie but to me, it is not that simple to tie a crab which will stand out among the rest of the crowd.

I have fished crab flies in freshwater with some success. Particularly on peacock bass. I guess this fish probably 'whack' anything that gets in its way.

In the salt locally, I have not tasted any success at all. It is pretty tough to fish salt in Singapore herself as most of her corals in our waters are destroyed from reclaimation of land. In order to access to better water condition, it would be much of a hassel as most of us in Singapore lead a pretty busy life.

Although the salty condition is not favourable over here in Singapore but the passion in fly tying is still pretty 'hot' in me. Hopefully, I would whip out more patterns in the days ahead and have some success stories to share here.

Cheers! :)

No comments: