2005-08-13

CR 20050812, Freshwater. Tiemco Infante Testing.


After more than a year, I finally caught another big black beauty with fly outfit, especially with my new japanese wife. Kokliang managed to test out his new toy and got a little cutey kalui on the 20050809. David and I tried them on peacock bass, zebras and red face monks but somehow, these 'testers' are not up to par in our opinions. So we decided to aim for pacu and kalui. Yes, we are blessed and we had an evening of screaming reels! I still have the percussion of my Abel's ranting at the back of my head... OMG. Today is also the first time in my life that a fish took off and peeled backing out of my fly reel. It was so shiok till I cant really find a word to discribe how I really felt after landing this black beauty. David and I were using 6lbs tippet, asking for trouble. LOL My first runaway train was a big koi. It took of and in less than 3s, more than 50ft of backing floating in the air. This was so exciting!!! Before I could snap a pic of the big koi, it got off after the barb-less fly fell of its lips. All the three fish posted here took about 20mins to battle and only the koi tired out in 10mins. All fish were released for 'tomorrows'. You could read more details in http://flyfishingsg.proboards38.com/index.cgi?board=FreshWater&action=display&thread=1111910717&page=9 about what happened today. Meanwhile, my eyes are so heavy and I need to pen off already. Good night all... *zzzzz* Posted by Picasa

No comments: