2005-04-07

20050406 (rainy)

This afternoon after lunch, I dragged my heavily casted right ankle to CGH for review after the surgery on the 20050331. The doctor was pretty cool and confident till he removed my cast and...

Bloody mess!!! Blood trickling down my ankle onto the floor... blood flowing out in smooth velocity... (velocity.... wth) out of my at least 10cm wounds...

The doctor's face turned and immediately, the assitant nurse called a quene number for me to redress my wound.

By the way, my surgeon is away for holiday, not sure though, or maybe work in Florida USA... oh gosh, I want to go there and hook some tarpons man!!! Not forgetting the bonies and red fish... argh...

To access the wound, the doctor used his gloved hands to squeeze my wound and first thing I thought I would feel pain... but no trickling down my neck nor anything happened... but only blood started to flow like waterfall!!! Immediately, he put on a temp dressing and asked me a few questions. Adviced me about my diet, "Keep away from seafood. *smiles*" I love seafood!!! After he was done with me, the assistant nurse quickly sent me over to First Aid Rm next door.

While writing this, I pinched myself on my left wrist and hey, I could feel pain, still normal. Just that, my pain tolerance (only in my right ankle area) has greatly increased till I am really not sure where. I remembered my pain tolerance test for this damaged ankle about 2 yrs back... the lady thought that the gadget's batteries were weak and changed new ones as I feel no pain during the test. (I just changed the batteries yesterday leh, as she mumbled...) She came back confident with new batteries and with a broad smile, she turned on the gadget again...

"Do you feel anything?" said Pauline (that unfortunate therapist)
"No..." I replied but staring blankly at that knot where she gradually turned it to higher settings.
"Now, anything?" she asked again with a confused look.
"What?" I think I was concentrating hard on that dail trying to read the small words on it.
"Hey, I think this thing is spoiled. I might have to use another one. Nevermind, I shall test on myself first instead."
She did not turn the dail to minimum before turning it on again... Happily, she put that two electrode plates on herself and taping it casually... as her fingers turned that thing on...
"OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH!!! You must be 'si but" (dead meat in hokkien)." She jumped off her chair and started pulling the wires off her....
I was smiling and laughing my ass off in my heart... but actually, I felt sad too... My right ankle is no longer normal... Pauline adviced me if I really feel pain in my ankle, it means that it is acute stuffs and serious too...

Indeed, after 4 surgeries, I did not recover at all. Now just gone through another two more... I hope I could see some light in the future.

Damn, I forgot to bring my Sony T3 to take some closeup on that wound. It is really bloody... I shall bring it along next round when I STO (removing stitches... I forgot what it stands for).

Anyway, thank God that now I have a new and very light cast. I dont have to drag much now and ever to move more freely on crutches. I could feel the other one was pulling my tigh and now with this one, relief.

Stay tune if you want more to know gross incident about my rehab and STO. I hope I could provide a pic the next time. Meanwhile, I have only pictures about the casts... I shall put them in together when I have more, a series?

LOL

Meanwhile, no fishy reports from me for at least the next few months... oh gosh... I hate it!!!

Oh yes, thank God that the rain only started when I got into the taxi to CGH. What rain? DOWNPOUR!!!

Thank Him too for drying up the corridor when I got home and letting it poured again after I am home...

He's watching over me all these years although I am a prodigal son... thanks!

No comments: