2005-12-18

"Your boss gave one. You go ask your boss lor."

Just within these few days, I met a couple of guys who are really 'funny'.

Incident one:

Two nights ago, while I was at the shrimps ponds, I noticed a man behaving sheepishly around my storage tanks of big head shrimps. This man was 'patrolling' up and down the storage tanks with his eyes glued to the gems (shrimps of decent sizes).

For about half an hour, this man was still pacing up and down the storage area with this eyes still glued to you-know-where. Suddenly, I caught him sticking his right hand into one of the storage tanks and he was struggling to get something out from it!

I shouted at him from far and I believed he heard me as his movements quicken but his right hand still refused to let go of my gem. Luckily, my shrimp was big enough to cause him some difficulty in stealing. I quickly moved in closer and when he noticed that I was going after him, he decided to let my gem loose and 'gingerly' walked away.

This thief walked about 5m away to a tree and guess what... he started dancing under the tree!

OMG!!!

I raised my voice and asked him what was he doing. He jumped, hopped and spun away... but in a very slow and steady manner as if nothing had happened. I followed him from afar and lastly, he disappeared into the hdb blocks after crossing the bridge...

I think this guy might not be sane and decided not to report to the police. Hopefully, he doesnt come back and to try stealing my shrimps again.

Incident two:

One night, I noticed a customer poured all the pre-cut cockles on the floor and in his hand was a razor used by barber. I noticed that he was using the blade to cut up the cockles but pouring them onto the wooden platform was unsightly and very messy.

I walked up to him and very politely I told him not to do this as this might cause someone to slip and fall into the pond. He stared at me and told me off saying, "You didnt have a sign that says that I cannot pour the baits on the floor."

What a joke...

I told him that I supply my customers with the little small cups intenting to keep the place neat and clean. He insisted that I should put up a sign about this.

I answered him politely with a pinch of humor, "Sir, if I have to put up a sign about this and other trivial matters, there will be plently of sign boards around. I am telling you now so that you will not be caught littering out of good will. It is my responsibility to inform you before any National Park rangers take any actions against you."

This man gave me another perfect answer, "Then National Park should put up sign boards tell us not to do this then. I dont see any signs at all."

Hopeless one. I bet he is not a local as he speaks to me in chinese with a very strange accent. His stubborness is not reflected in this incident alone.

Just a few more days ago, this man came to fish for shrimps too. He claimed that it was his first time and he asked for 'special'. Out of good will, the management decided to give him some extra time as we presumed that he was a tourist. He left the cashier for the booth at the ponds and at the booth, he claimed that he was given twice the numbers of hours he paid for. (He paid for two hours only but claimed that it was for four hours. My staffs are not stupid, ok?)

My staff asked him politely, "Sir, the tickets you have is good for two hours only plus that extra time but it doesnt indicate the time you claim."

In chinese, "Your boss gave one. You go ask your boss lor."

I witnessed the whole thing like in 5m away. My staff told this man that maybe he should clarify with the boss (my staff was pointing his finger at me) as he has no authority to conform to his request without verification. The man's eyes was led towards me and when he saw me he turned around and dropped the case...

This man is just like a kid. He was not happy and he showed it on his face. When he tried to bull about the extra time, his face let the cat out of the bag too. His session ended and my staff went over to ask him if he wants to extend. He said no but... he refused to stop... My staff took more than 20mins to stop him... he even got angry with my staff about asking him to stop... I pity my staff...

Stay tuned... there might be more funny moments in the days ahead...

Haiz... hahaha

No comments: