2007-01-11

"Why no night fishing?"

Eversince I stepped foot into Bottle Tree Park as a project consultant for Whitewater Recreations, alot of people have asked me the following question.

"Why no night fishing?"

Firstly, my opinions are not reflecting the views of Bottle Tree Pte Ltd at all. My views are simply my own and do not belong to anyone at all.

If I am running a restaurant like Bottle Tree Pte Ltd in Yishun, I believe I would do the same like what they are doing now. NO NIGHT FISHING.

Why?

As an angler myself, I could truly understand and know what we are most capable of during fishing in the night and especially when the toilet is so DAMN far away. Many people wouldnt take the time off to simply walk to the 'verli verli far' toilet to relief themselves. They prefer the bushes or the fences somehow, especially in the night.

If I have such a beautiful park like BTP, I would do the same too. My reasons are simple.

In the day, people could clearly see each other out in the open in this park. I could see that the anglers are very co-operative and they would utilize the toilet at the restaurant when needed. What if the fishing goes on into the night? They will be less people who will even bother to walk to the restrooms then...

What do you get early next morning?

Smelly and dirty park!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EEKSS!!!!! Furthermore, loads of rubbish as well too.

Oh yes... some anglers are so desperate for the fish in BTP that they sneak into the park to chum the fish in the middle of the night so that they can catch as many fish as they want in the day...

Come on guys, this is private property. Please dont get yourself charged under trespassing lor... just because you want to catch fish... NOT WORTH IT LAH...

Seriously, I believe our countrymen are not ready for such beautiful places. Singaporeans simply couldnt appreciate the environment they are in. They litter as they wish and trust me, if the government anti-littering group is employed in BTP, very soon... we could see alot of Corrective Workers in BTP. All those caught littering will be sentenced to clean up BTP during the weekend.

Seriously lor... after Fri till Sun... you couldnt imagine how dirty the park could get in the day. I couldnt imagine if the whole place is operating 24/7.

I believe many would agree with the following sentence...

"If you want to play in my playground, please follow my rules and regulations. If not... please stay off my grass..."

I think it is very true.

The government does not put up signs in public places to tell the people in Singapore "Do not steal" or "Do not rob" etc... Ignorance of the law doesnt mean that you could get away free. Thus, please dont give stupid excuses saying that the management did not say that "No fishing at night" lor... Dont be ridiculous lor...

If you are caught with your pants down in the park please dont tell the management that they did not put up sign boards to warn the public that they couldnt 'pee' wherever they like...

Come on lah people...

No comments: