2006-12-05

Get off my back... PLEASE...

I dont own a car but I have been driving almost daily lately. Alot of times when I am on the road, I just stare blankly ahead on the straights... just focusing on the road and within speed limit. Then I realize that I am a Hyundai Getz and Toyota Vios magnet...

These Getz and Vios are all pretty much modified with all the poser's factors. Big wings, side skirts, huge front and back bumpers... VERY VERY FIERCE stickers (stickers dont make a car go faster)... lots of colorful gauges...

Somehow... these owners like to high beam me... maybe I look nerdy with my glasses and they try to bully me...

I didnt bother and just carry on within the speed limit and go easy on the throttle on the straight. On the straight, everyone also can floor the pedal and even ah mah (grandma) could weld the pedal to the floor...

These incidents all happened on the same road and the road will end with a very steep corner into the freeway. These Getz and Vios that I encountered were all found 'butts glowing red' throughout the corner...

"Were they doing heel to toe technique or what?"

If so, they should be long gone... but somehow they were still hugging the tarmac even they left me behind on the straight. The familiar brake lights haunt my memory.

First occasion, I sent the RX300 into screeching with her aft tires... overtook the Vios in the turn. The road has alot of sand and stones and speed strips in the corner... I think the Vios got alot of pimples after I passed him. Thereafter, I lost him in the rear mirror after the corner and never saw him beaming me again.

Second occasion, another Vios too... (I wonder if there's a group of Vios losers haunting that stretch of road that I always pass on...) same thing as well. This time, The VR* is my ride. One hand on wheel, one hand on shift lever and half a backside on the door... and same results... my Sony Vaio changed seat after I finished the corner... maybe I should ask the VR* owner to upgrade to bucket seats. Maybe.....

It's getting late... time to sleep...

No comments: