2008-08-20

Maxxis Victra i-Pro






After about 28,000km and 1yr my Eagle F1s started to fade.

Longer braking distance on the straight but strangely, they still gripped pretty well in corners.

As some of you already know, I started to drive up to Thailand with these F1s. Wear and tear are pretty fine except the noise of them is making my passengers nausea.

My 3rd trip up here in Thailand landed me with nails in them and a torn valve. At least I did not get a puncture along NSHW.

The tire with the torn valve was leaking badly upon reaching Thailand. I am left with no choice but to have them changed.

The common tires used at home are not found in the shop that I was in. Since the owner is a good pal of my guide, I decided to take what is recommended to me, Maxxis Victra i-Pro, 225/40/ZR18.

Immediately I could feel the difference between the two brand of tires which I used. Maxxis's is more comfortable on the highway and braking is very predictable (maybe it is new, 2808). A friend of mine hate to sit in my ride but this time it is very different. "Wow... so comfy this round and so quiet liao!"

To me Victra i-Pro definitely feels better than my older tires on day one. Hopefully these tires are good till they last as well. They are supposed to be best that Maxxis could offer for our kind of rides.

Oh, one day thing. They are even cheaper than the Eagle F1 but just slightly more expensive than Federal 595.

No comments: