2007-06-22

One day at my pond....

One day at my prawn pond, two ladies walked towards my counter. They seemed to be debating something about the prawn fishing.

Aunty Anyhow, "How much for prawn fishing?"
Lady Knowhow, "$14.50 lor."
Aunty Anyhow, "See... they don't provide rod for fishing."
Lady Knowhow, "Got lah. Look at all the rods behind the counter..."
Aunty Anyhow, "They don't give baits one...."
Lady Knowhow, "They do. Look here. These are the baits and wow, all cut up."
Aunty Anyhow, "Water blur blur... cannot see prawns. Sure got no prawns."
Lady Knowhow, "Walau. You see yourself lah. There, got prawn come up liao."
Aunty Anyhow, "Down here no big prawn one lah."
Lady Knowhow, "Yesterday the one I caught big or not?"
Aunty Anyhow, "Big, that one big."
Lady Knowhow, "I caught here one lah!"
Aunty Anyhow, "Err... $14.50, market can buy more prawn lah."
Lady Knowhow, "......................................"


Sometimes, presumption just simply makes you look really stupid. All you have to do is ASK but please don't ask stupid questions too.

"I come so many times and I never see you all put prawns one, got prawns or not?"
"If we never put prawns, then I could have properly packed my bag and balek kampong liao... if no prawns, why are you coming back after so many times?"

2 comments:

Kaki Joran said...

hi,

I like your blog..can we exchange link? You can visit my site at http://www.kakijoran.com
You are welcome to contribute your fishing pictures and stories in my site too...thanks.

Cheers,
Kaki Joran

Edward Ng said...

Hi Joran,

Sure, we could exchange link.

Thanks!

Regards,
Edward